Friday, September 9, 2011

Hollywood Halloween

We all have our cinematic repertoire for different times of the year. Mostly these movies are played in the background while we go about our day, only stopping every once in a while to watch a memorable scene. But we play them anyway because they're familiar and favorited and because it's that time of year.
Below is a list of my own Fall favorites that will most likely be on repeat until October 31st.

"There wolf! There castle!""Why are you talking like that?"
"I thought you wanted to!"

"My my...what big eyes you have."


"Did you do that? Do it again."
"In time."
"No, now."
"In time!"

"You don't know because you were not there! It's all true!"

"Jelly donut, whipped cream!"
"I said, honey, jelly's not a cream. So the kid laughed, I laughed and then he punched me."


"Thou wouldst hate me in the morning."
"No I wouldnst!"
"Oh believe me, thou wouldst!"

"The children of the night, what sweet music they make."

**Yes, The Nightmare Before Christmas IS missing from this list. That's because I watch it ALL year long and mostly around Christmastime. So I didn't think it was fair to the other movies. Lol

Ok, now it is YOUR turn to share with us your favorite Fall/Halloween movies!!
Either in a seperate blog of your own or in the comment section below.


4 comments:

  1. Autumn,
    I don't have another movie suggestion, just a thanks to you for touting one of my favorite movies of all time -- Young Frankenstein. Frau Blucher! (I hear the horses...) An advance Happy Halloween! Adorable post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wanna hear a terrible secret? My husband doesn't think this movie is funny! I think that's blasphemy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my gosh, you are so right, so many of these movies are "annual events", and even if we are a little busy doing something else, they simply MUST be played, even in the background! Usually I am cooking something in the kitchen, but I listen and glance over from my island. I love so many of the movies you listed, too...."Hocus Pocus" is one of our absolute favorites!! Great post. :)-Katwin2010

    ReplyDelete
  4. I rarely watch movies--but you've picked out some great ones here. Of course with kids around--I'm careful of what I watch. How about "It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown"? A classic--somewhat boring--but we watch it every year!

    ReplyDelete