Monday, September 12, 2011

Halloween Haul September 2011

My collection of Halloween treasures grows a little more every year. Last years loot included 'bleeding' candles, mini pumpkins and decorative gourds.

All this for $15, found while yard saling this weekend. Granted I feel lucky to have found this stuff but at the same time I'm confused that so many peole were GETTING RID of their Halloween decorations. Then again, it IS Clarksville, TN. Halloween isn't as big a deal down here as it is up north.

$6.99 at Hobby Lobby


$6.99 at Marshall's


This was actually $25.00 at a local shop here in Clarksville. I normally wouldn't spend that much on holiday decor, but I thought it was perfect for keeping candies or goodies in. I also really love the topper.

 $9.99 at Marshall's

Bought for $10 at a yard sale this weekend! It also lights up & makes 'scary' noises. :)

7 comments:

  1. You're a woman possessed, Autumn! Love the loot, especially the witch hazel container and that crazy a** light-up house. You and I should get together and pool our resources. My husband and I are candy lovers and we have -- literally -- DOZENS OF POUNDS of candy in our house. You and I would be a good team. Just out of curiosity, though, why isn't Halloween a big deal in TN? It's such a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your "loot"! My kids go for the tacky stuff, while I try to make it more appealing, since Halloween lasts a long time when you're a kid! For candy, we try to buy stuff we don't like, but somehow, I always sneak in the Reese's peanut butter cups, and "amazingly" manage to have leftovers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make far more of Hallowe'en than we do here in the UK.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Daphne
    I think it's because we're so close to the bible belt, that it's more of a religious thing. People will let their kids Trick or Treat but that's about it. I even threw a Halloween party last year and I had only a handful of people show. Come to find out some of the people invited ended up just staying at home doing nothing. Ever since I have assumed it's a religious influence.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Paula
    I'm originally from Massachusetts and Halloween is a huge deal that lasts all October long. Especially in the Salem, MA area. Usually on the night of Halloween you party hop from one costume ball to the next. Lol. So I've grown up thinking it's a big deal. Even more so than christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Jennifer,
    I always end up with the crappy candy. Lol. All the kids take the good stuff. But I guess that's only fair since they're the ones trekking about in their costumes. They deserve the good stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cool. I'm intrigued by that globe!! I have to find one of those!! Garage selling is the best way to find loot! Awesomeness abounds! Cheers, Jenn

    ReplyDelete